Bone Broth Cleanse Basics
Our Bone Broth Cleanses are meant to reboot your gut health and set you on a path to feeling better and supply you with better eating habits. The idea is to keep it simple. 2 pouches of bone broth per day plus whole foods as needed. This means pastured and grass-fed proteins, good saturated fats (avocado, coconut oil, and ghee), and organic vegetables. Just no dairy, grains, or added sugar which cause inflammation in your gut. Bone Broth is naturally anti-inflammatory and improves digestion, allowing your gut to do a mini “reset”.
How the bone broth cleanse works
- Drink 2 pouches of bone broth per day. We recommend drinking 1 pouch of the Chinese Herb Infused Bone Broth (Revive the Gut, Recovery, or Immuni-Qi depending on the cleanse) on the first and last day of your cleanse.
- Eat pasture-raised proteins that are grass-fed or at the very least organic.
- Along with healthy fats like avocados, nut butters, and coconut oil.
- And organic fruits and veggies
- While staying away from dairy, grains, and added sugars
- If it's easier, all you have to follow is a paleo diet plan.
Are the bone broth cleanses really that easy?
YES!! Just stay with it for the duration of your cleanse and you'll be on your way to feeling great! You see, not only will your gut health improve, but so will your skin, hair, nails, and joints. The idea is to flood your system with one of the most nutrient dense foods available. Made with the best ingredients.
Tips And info to help you on your bone broth cleanse
We want to make cleanses that will give you the tools required to reset your gut and to experience a better feeling you. Because anyone can do anything for a few days, it is just long enough to help you experience results without seeming unbearable. By flooding your system with the most nutrient dense foods available, you should not feel hungry on this cleanse. At approximately 12 g protein per 8 ounce serving, you’ll be amazed at how full you feel after 2 pouches of bone broth are consumed daily. You are able to eat a ton of delicious food during your cleanse.
What you CAN eat:
- Bone Broth - must be thick and gelatinous for healing benefits, made with the whole animal.
- All meat that is responsibly raised (grass fed and finished and/or pastured) including chicken, beef, pork, lamb, turkey, bison, and wild caught fish).
- Pastured Raised Eggs.
- Ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, avocados, sprouted nuts, and sprouted beans.
- All organic fruits including but not limited to (apples, grapes, bananas, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, oranges, lemons, limes, peaches, pears, cantaloupe, cherries, all melons, pineapples, etc.).
- All Organic vegetables including but not limited to (tomatoes, jalapenos, bell peppers, bok choy, cabbage, celery, carrots, broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale and all greens, romaine, spinach, sprouts, arugula, zucchini, onions, sweet potatoes, parsnips, leeks, squash, garlic, mushrooms, cucumbers, plantains, peas, beets).
- All Organic herbs including but not limited to (cilantro, basil, mint, thyme, sage, bay leaves, peppercorns, etc.).
What you CAN’T eat:
- All dairy including milk, yogurt and butter with the exception of ghee.
- All processed sugars and artificial sugars including all foods containing them such as soda and prepackaged meals unless naturally occurring such as fruit.
- All wheat and grains including bread and quinoa.
- Processed meats or lunch meats containing gluten, nitrites, or sweeteners.
- Corn, rice, and white potatoes.
Coffee: To drink or not to drink?
Because we all know how important coffee can be to a routine and energy, I’m leaving this one up to you. If you want to quit caffeine for a week, you should feel empowered to do so! If changing your whole diet plus eliminating caffeine is a deal breaker, then by all means you can drink black coffee. You just need to replace your sugar and milk additions with just coconut cream if you can’t drink it plain black. Coconut Cream from the can is sweet and delicious and because of its fat content, can even give you an extra kick in the pants. If you have not tried this yet, I highly recommend adding a Tablespoon of coconut cream to your morning coffee with a good mix using a hand held frother, whisk, or fork. Ultimately, it’s up to you!
Below is a sample menu, but if you want more recipe ideas visit our recipe page at the link below and use the recipe filter to show only the "Bone Broth Cleanse" recipes.
View All Recipes